Skip to main content

Texas Caviar

Sorry about not posting for a while, my sister and I both go to school, and it has been one CRAZY semester!

So here is one of my favorite recipes courtesy of Kris.

TEXAS CAVIAR


















3 avocados (diced)
3-5 tomatoes (diced)
1 small bag frozen corn (defrosted)
2 can's of black beans
1 onion (chopped)
1 bunch cilantro (chopped)
1 bottle Zesty Italian Dressing
1 tsp Garlic Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Season Salt

Mix all ingredients together and serve with tortilla chips.

I personally love these, available at your local Target or Costco.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutty Berry Smoothie

Sorry. . . again. . . I don’t measure! Put into the Magic Bullet: Sugar free, low fat vanilla yogurt Milk Frozen mixed berries 5-10 whole blanched unsalted almonds Blend until smooth

Apricot and Nutmeg Smoothie

Tip for blending frozen fruit: I love how frozen fruit gives a smoothie that thick, cool texture, but hate when I end up with bits of frozen chunks that were just to hard to blend. I have found a simple solution. While I am going through my morning routine and I know I am about five minutes away from breakfast, I pull out my frozen fruit and put it in to my blender cup with the amount of milk I am going to use for my smoothie. I let it sit there while I finish up with my hair and make up. By the time I blend my smoothie it is soft enough that I don’t end up with big frozen chunks, but still frozen enough that I get that smooth, thick texture I love! I made this smoothie this morning. We have an over abundance of apricots at out parents house and I froze bags and bags of them! This smoothie turned out to be surprisingly tasty! Sugar-free low fat yogurt Milk Frozen Apricots A dash of nutmeg Blend until smooth and frothy.