Skip to main content

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I have posted on our Low Carbies Blog.  
The main reason is because of this....


My sweet little baby boy!

Thats right! I'm using him as an excuse.  
Shortly after finding out I was pregnant. 
The craving for carbs was unbearable!
After over a year of not eating sugar or white flour, I started again.

Now, I regret it.  I ended up with Gestational Diabetes and 
I think that was even worse than dealing with the cravings!

Well, my little man is now 3 months old 
and its time to get back on track. 
I really want to get healthy again, maybe not quite as strict.

I'm on the search for new low carb recipes.

Here's what I've been having for lunch lately!

FRUITY CHICKEN SALAD!


I've posted a chicken salad recipe before (HERE)

But this one is a bit different. 

Now forgive me because I didn't measure anything so its
 based on your own desired amount.  Here are the ingredients.

Grilled Chicken Cubed
Apples Cubed
Small Pieces of Chopped Celery
Grapes cut into fourths
Finely Chopped Green Onions
Sliced Olives
all topped with Mayo  

YUM YUM!

I served it on whole wheat bread, with slices of avocado.
Or you can just eat it with a spoon.

I hope to have another yummy recipe for you soon.



Comments

Deb said…
Congrats on your son.

Hope to see some more yummy recipes soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Brussel Sprouts with Bacon

Misty and I are part of a food co-op. This week we got a big bunch of brussel sprouts (yuck!) I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. It was actually pretty good! I exchanged the bacon for turkey bacon and cooked it in a little canola oil before continuing on with the rest of the ingredients. My brussel sprouts may have been a bit larger then usual. It took 25 minutes to cook them until they were soft enough to eat. Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Ingredients 1/2 pound bacon, diced 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons butter 1/4 onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced salt and black pepper to taste 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half 2 cups chicken stock Directions 1. Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until evenly browned, but not crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, leaving the grease in the skillet. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the baco

Nutty Berry Smoothie

Sorry. . . again. . . I don’t measure! Put into the Magic Bullet: Sugar free, low fat vanilla yogurt Milk Frozen mixed berries 5-10 whole blanched unsalted almonds Blend until smooth