Skip to main content

Chicken Pineapple and Peppers



This is the same recipe as below, but a bit different.  I tried it with chicken instead of meatballs. I think I'd still use beef broth instead of chicken, but it was YUMMY!!!
 

  • 1-¼ pound chicken
  • Canola Oil, For Frying chicken
  • 2 whole Green Bell Peppers, Seeded And Diced Roughly
  • 1-½ cup Fresh Pineapple Chunks
  • 2 cups Chicken or Beef Broth
  • 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
  • ½ cups White Wine Vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
  •  ½ cups Honey
  • ½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
  • Salt and Pepper To Taste

Preparation Instructions

Cook chicken until brown. Set aside.


In separate bowl, mix together broth, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and cornstarch.

Cook chopped green peppers and cook for one minute. Add pineapple to pan and cook for one minute, stirring gently. Pour in stock/soy sauce mixture, then add chicken. Stir gently to combine and allow to cook and bubble for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper taste. (Hint: this dish is yummy if it’s a little spicy.)
Serve over cooked brown.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutty Berry Smoothie

Sorry. . . again. . . I don’t measure! Put into the Magic Bullet: Sugar free, low fat vanilla yogurt Milk Frozen mixed berries 5-10 whole blanched unsalted almonds Blend until smooth

Apricot and Nutmeg Smoothie

Tip for blending frozen fruit: I love how frozen fruit gives a smoothie that thick, cool texture, but hate when I end up with bits of frozen chunks that were just to hard to blend. I have found a simple solution. While I am going through my morning routine and I know I am about five minutes away from breakfast, I pull out my frozen fruit and put it in to my blender cup with the amount of milk I am going to use for my smoothie. I let it sit there while I finish up with my hair and make up. By the time I blend my smoothie it is soft enough that I don’t end up with big frozen chunks, but still frozen enough that I get that smooth, thick texture I love! I made this smoothie this morning. We have an over abundance of apricots at out parents house and I froze bags and bags of them! This smoothie turned out to be surprisingly tasty! Sugar-free low fat yogurt Milk Frozen Apricots A dash of nutmeg Blend until smooth and frothy.