Skip to main content

Apricot and Nutmeg Smoothie

Tip for blending frozen fruit: I love how frozen fruit gives a smoothie that thick, cool texture, but hate when I end up with bits of frozen chunks that were just to hard to blend. I have found a simple solution. While I am going through my morning routine and I know I am about five minutes away from breakfast, I pull out my frozen fruit and put it in to my blender cup with the amount of milk I am going to use for my smoothie. I let it sit there while I finish up with my hair and make up. By the time I blend my smoothie it is soft enough that I don’t end up with big frozen chunks, but still frozen enough that I get that smooth, thick texture I love!

I made this smoothie this morning. We have an over abundance of apricots at out parents house and I froze bags and bags of them! This smoothie turned out to be surprisingly tasty!

Sugar-free low fat yogurt
Milk
Frozen Apricots
A dash of nutmeg

Blend until smooth and frothy.

Comments

Misty said…
mmmm I'll have to try this one!

Popular posts from this blog

Pressure Cooker Low Carb Porcupine Meatballs

One of my favorite childhood dinners was porcupine meatballs and I have been itching to make them since Matthew and Tassie bought me a pressure cooker!  This is my low carb version.  I have added the original recipe link below but I made some changes. . . and made it work with my pressure cooker. For the meatballs: 1 pound ground beef 1/2 brown rice (I wonder if quinoa would work) 1 large egg 2 tablespoons parsley 1/4 cup onion 1 clove garlic 1 teaspoon chili powder 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper For the sauce: 1/2 cup yellow onion 1 clove garlic 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1/2 teaspoon basil  1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/2 cup water 1 tablespoon parsley 1/2 cup brown rice Instructions: 1. Mix ground beef, rice, egg, parsley, onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano,

Brussel Sprouts with Bacon

Misty and I are part of a food co-op. This week we got a big bunch of brussel sprouts (yuck!) I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. It was actually pretty good! I exchanged the bacon for turkey bacon and cooked it in a little canola oil before continuing on with the rest of the ingredients. My brussel sprouts may have been a bit larger then usual. It took 25 minutes to cook them until they were soft enough to eat. Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Ingredients 1/2 pound bacon, diced 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons butter 1/4 onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced salt and black pepper to taste 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half 2 cups chicken stock Directions 1. Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until evenly browned, but not crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, leaving the grease in the skillet. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the baco